Step by Step
- The CCP Candidate chooses to pursue a Certified Childcare Professional (CCP).
- The Candidate chooses their CCP Field Counselor. The Field Counselor selection is recorded on the CCP Enrollment Packet. Before a CCP Candidate purchases the CCP Enrollment Packet, he/she must select a Field Counselor. (This can be any individual that meets the CCP Field Counselor requirements. CCP Field Counselor requirements are published here.)
- The Candidate purchases a CCP Enrollment Packet. CCP Enrollment Packet cost is $25.00 plus shipping costs. In order for a candidate to enroll in the CCP process, a candidate must* (1) Be at least 18 years old, (2) Hold a high school diploma or equivalent, and (3) Be able to speak, read and write English in a capacity that will allow me to perform my duties as a CCP.
- The Candidate completes the entire CCP Enrollment Packet.
- Upon completion of the CCP Enrollment Packet, the Candidate submits the CCP Observation and Assessment Request Form, fee of $350.00 and a copy of all CCP Enrollment Packet materials.
- The NECPA sends the Field Counselor the CCP Performance Based Observation materials and the CCP Exam.
- The CCP Field Counselor proctors the CCP Exam and completes the Performance Based Observation.
- The CCP Field Counselor sends the completed CCP exam and the Performance Based Observation to the NECPA Center of Operations.
- The NECPA Center of Operations sends the Candidate’s CCP materials to a third party grading organization that creates a CCP Candidate Profile.
- The CCP Candidate Profile is reviewed by the Professional Standards Council (PSC).
- There are four possible results determined upon review of the CCP Candidate Profile:
- Approved: The candidate is fully approved and receives the CCP award. The CCP award is valid for two years, requiring maintenance every two years through a renewal process.
- Open File: The candidate may become fully approved upon completion of additional training and/or re-tested in areas specified by the Professional Standards Council (PSC) to strengthen your experiential and/or your educational skills. Documented completion of the additional training is required within 12 months of the notification date. If a candidate does not provide a response within the specified time frames, they must complete the CCP process again.
- The Candidate is awarded the CCP Credential. The CCP is valid for two years, requiring maintenance every two years through a CCP maintenance process.
* The NECPA Commission, Inc. reserves the right to waive any enrollment criteria requirements based on extenuating circumstances.